Subject: Re: DEC 3000 Model M300L
To: None <Glenarvan@gmx.net>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/02/2002 11:55:19
On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 09:46:27AM +0200, Glenarvan@gmx.net wrote:

> I tried to install netbsd 1.5.1 on a dec alpha 3000. The box booted from
> cd-rom drive, but after "SWITCHING TO SERIAL CONSOLE" there was no further
> action...
The message says it all. This kernel does not support TC framebuffers.
Use a serial console, or better, use a 1.6 BETA / ALPHA prerelease.
This will give you TC framebuffer console and a good chance to get
a working Xserver. (I don't know if the Xserver now "officially"
supports TC framebuffers, but I got the Xserver working on my
DEC3k600 / PMAGB-B with -current last october.)
Besids that, it is an other betatest for the upcoming release,
and beta testing is good. ;-)
--

tschüß,
         Jochen