Subject: Re: Blank screen
To: Mattias Karlsson <keihan@sergei.cc>
From: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/20/2002 18:43:39
Mattias Karlsson wrote:

>Since I want to run X, I probably have to use the TGA card, which is a
>PowerStorm 3d30 (Has some round strange switch where you can choose 0-F
>on it). Why does this card don't work after the booting of the kernel ?
>  It just goes blank, but a few microseconds before that I see
>some white text on a black background (Too fast to se what it is tho).
>
>Ideas? I'm not in this list, so reply all.

Hmmm, I've run a PowerStorm 3d30 on my PWS433a with some success
for quite a while, even multi-headed displays.  This might be a
colourmap issue.  Could you try booting from serial, and then trying
to start XalphaNetBSD?  That will give another data point.  Also,
what setting is the dial on?

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==