Subject: Re: Blank screen
To: Mattias Karlsson <>
From: Staffan Thomen <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/20/2002 23:33:32
On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 13:16:38 +0200 "Mattias Karlsson" <>

> So, I bought a new battery for the MLB. Got my hands on a VGA card,
> tried to place it in a 32-bit PCI slot, which failed, moved it to a
> 64-bit slot and it just worked fine, even booting NetBSD, where my tga
> card failed. Strange...
> Now X don't work for me since it's a VGA card, right?
> So, dead end it seems. Need help :)
> Since I want to run X, I probably have to use the TGA card, which is a
> PowerStorm 3d30 (Has some round strange switch where you can choose
> 0-F on it). Why does this card don't work after the booting of the
> kernel ?
>   It just goes blank, but a few microseconds before that I see
> some white text on a black background (Too fast to se what it is tho).
> Ideas? I'm not in this list, so reply all.

 [ being a nice chap and snipping this awfully lengty reply chain ]

 You're not at a dead end, however I don't know about the TGA stuff. You
 can still run XFree, or atleast it works just great on my AlphaPC with a
 Matrox Mystique 220... (though it was quite a while since I ran it
 on that box, it's headless since a few years back)

Staffan Thomén (0x00C37E1F)