Subject: Blank screen
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Mattias Karlsson <keihan@sergei.cc>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/18/2002 21:46:30
Hi,

Just got my hands on a Alpha PWS 500au, nice machine with 2 SCSI disks
and 256MB memory. I've updated the firmware to the latest.

When using the SRM console trying to boot NetBSD/alpha 1.5.2 off the CD,
after the load of the install kernel is done the screen goes blank.

When I hit the reset button I just come back to the console, with this:

Entering netbsd at 0xfffffc00003010c0...

halted CPU 0

halt code = 1
operator initiated halt
PC = fffffc0000300640

Is there any env settings that must be done before booting?
My graphics card is a PCI something, got cirrus and ibm chip on it.
And has a 3D goggle output on the back.

``show dev'' gives me something like this:

dkb0      Toshiba cdrom something, connected to PCI EIDE (?)
dkc0      First  SCSI disk
dkc100    Second SCSI disk
dva0      Floppy
ewa0      Ethernet
pkc0      SCSI Contoller (?)
pqa0      PCI EIDE 1
pqb0      PCI EIDE 2

PLEASE REPLY TO ME, I'M NOT IN THIS LIST.

What have I forgot? :)

Regards,
Mattias.