Subject: DEFZA-AA
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/09/2002 21:21:01
Hi.

I know that this card is not supported by NetBSD. But is it worth to put
time and sweat into writing a driver? i.e.: Can I suspect to get a
reasonible throughput (>>50MBit/s) on my DEC3000-600? Or should I not
think about driver writing and try to get a DEFTA, because the DEFZA is
slow, no doc available, to complex (SMT not in microcode)...?

p.s. I have already some FDDI stuff running like the DEFPA in my
PWS500au (Tru64), SPARC 5 (Slowlaris), the SGI Indigo2 R4k4 (IRIX) and
the 10BaseT switch with FDDI uplink. So everything is in place to get it
in use.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen