Subject: Re: Support for alphaserver 2100?
To: CHOI Junho <cjh@kr.FreeBSD.org>
From: Murray Armfield <murray.armfield@arconsulting.com.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/07/2002 12:00:39
Hi,
=09I got it going on -current as of yesterday. Boots, goes multiuser and =
seems=20
OK but I haven't pushed it hard. However, if I run more than one processo=
r it=20
panics constantly. I just mailed tech-smp on this if your interested.

=09Initially I was being stupid and trying to boot from graphics console.=
 I=20
switched to serial console as per FreeBSD doco and it booted fine. Have y=
ou=20
tried this?

BTW, there seems to be a lot more doco on this machine at FreeBSD than Ne=
tBSD.=20
How about a link or something?

Take care,
=09Murray

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002 11:37, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You have exactly same problem with me. I have AS2100 4/200. Until now,
> there is no reasonable solution for this symptom.
>
> Most important reason that I try NetBSD/alpha is support of my EISA
> Mylex RAID. I have only disks connected to EISA Mylex, and NetBSD
> supports it. If you have bootable disks in other devices(NCR, etc.),
> try FreeBSD/alpha. I succeed to boot and see sysinstall, but I can't
> go further because FreeBSD/alpha doesn't supports EISA Mylex driver.
>
> From: Murray Armfield <murray.armfield@arconsulting.com.au>
> Subject: Support for alphaserver 2100?
> Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 23:09:57 +1000
>
> > Hi Folks,
> > =09I've been searching through the NetBSD mail archives and found som=
> > references to some work done on getting the alphaserver 2100 going fr=
om a
> > while back. The box is a 4/275 and I've tried the 20020512-1.5ZC snap=
shot
> > in the arch/alpha area on the ftp server and the boot floppies in the
> > jensen-sable-lynx area in arch/alpha, but it doesn't get any further =
than
> > =09Entering NetBSD at 0xblahblahblah....
> > =09[ netbsd ELF symbol table not valid ]
> > =09[ no symbol table formats found ]
> > and then just sits there, humming away.
> >
> > =09Am I missing something here in the way I boot the box?
> > =09Is there any interest in supporting this machine? If so I'd be hap=
py to
> > try things out for anyone.
> >
> > Please CC me as I haven't signed up for the post-alpha mailing list.
> >
> > Take care,
> > Murray Armfield

--=20
Murray Armfield
Director
AR Consulting (VIC) Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0410 531 55
Fax: +613 9416 0313

This e-mail is confidential and for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient, you are not
authorised to disclose, use, distribute or in any other way make
use of the information contained in it, and such activities are
prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender by reply e-mail, delete the document and