Subject: Re: Multia serial console netboot fun
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/01/2002 14:37:03
David Brownlee wrote:

>	I'm, going to go away and play with setnetbootinfo, but its
>	concerning that -current netboot fails without any message...

Please refer to port-alpha/6446 which I filed quite some time ago.
I can help via email, but I do not have access to any Multias at
the moment so I cannot actually fix this myself.  Basically, the
short form was from memory:  if you hard-code the ethernet address
in netbsd.alpha then broken_firmware will be set to 1 in
/sys/arch/alpha/stand/netboot/if_prom.c.  This doesn't work for
the Multia which needs a hard-coded ethernet address, but
broken_firmware = 0.

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==