Subject: Re: netboot 1.5ZC on AS2100
To: None <>
From: CHOI Junho <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/16/2002 21:10:30
From: Collin Baillie <>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 14:38:25 +1000

> Choi,
> Is it possible for you to paste the output from the kernel starting up?
> Something like what dmesg would show you?

I posted netboot and kernel output on port-alpha:

Kernel doesn't startup after uncompressing netbsd.gz. Even I couldn't
see NetBSD copyright message... It hangs right after "[ no symbol table
formats found ]".
> What other cards do you have in your 2100? I had issues booting Linux on my
> 2100 4/275, because I have a ZXLp-E3 video card which Linux doesn't support.
> I just hung, with no error message, when initializing the card.

That's the output of SRM "show config" command(except MAC address):

		Digital Equipment Corporation
		   AlphaServer 2100 4/200

SRM Console V5.3-2		VMS PALcode V5.56-7, OSF PALcode V1.45-12

Component	Status		Module ID
CPU 0		  P		B2020-AA DECchip (tm) 21064-3
Memory 0	  P		B2021-CA 128MB
I/O				B2110-AA
				dva0.0.0.1000.0		RX26/RX23

 Slot	Option			Hose 0, Bus 0, PCI
   0	DECchip 21040-AA	ewa0.0.0.0		****************
   1	NCR 53C810		pka0.		SCSI Bus ID 7
   				dka600.		RRD43
				mka0.		TLZ06
   2	Intel 82375					Bridge to Bus 1, EISA

 Slot	Option			Hose 0, Bus 1, EISA
   2	Compaq Qvision
   7	Mylex DAC960		dra.0.0.1007.0
   				dra0.0.0.1007.0		1 Member JBOD
   				dra1.0.0.1007.0		1 Member JBOD

> So if you could give us a full list of the hardware you have, and any output
> from the kernel, up to where it hangs, maybe we can see something you're not
> picking up on

> Collin

 +++ Any opinions in this posting are my own and not those of my employers +++
 CHOI Junho [sleeping now]                    <>
 [while sleeping] <cjh @ kr.FreeBSD.ORG> <cjh @ FreeBSD.ORG> <cjh @>
 Korea FreeBSD Users Group <>   Web Data Bank<>