Subject: Re: XalphaNetBSD multihead ?
To: David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>
From: None <jarkko.teppo@er-grp.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/16/2002 11:13:13
On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 09:11:43AM -0700, David Hopper wrote:
> It's the XML-based interface that drags it down (XUL?).  Running Galeon,
> Skipjack, or other Gecko-based browsers is snappy (when stable) on the
> Alpha.

Better late than never but I think one of the problems is with gtk.
On my system painting (selecting) text on mozilla and with AbiWord is
painfully slow. Painting a 10-letter word on Abiword might take approx.
seven seconds. The cursor is invisible with abiword as well. Painting
an url in mozilla is even slower.

I'll try to update gtk, glib and everything I can find and see what happens.

--
jht