Subject: Re: wscons & XalphaNetBSD keyboard mappings ?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: None <jarkko.teppo@er-grp.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/16/2002 11:09:27
On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 05:07:09PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> > And I'd get the same keymap with X ?
>
> No, I don't think it would. Usually X servers works with raw keycodes

Yep, I found that out :)

> You should be able to make it work using xmodmap.

I went with xmodmap and being a really lazy person I just copied the
whole configuration from Linux Finnish howto. Works just fine.

Except that the keyboard I'm using (a HP PS2 keyboard) and wscons
give the same keycode for the left Alt and the right Alt (Alt Gr).
This means I can't get @\[]{} on wscons when using encoding=sv and
I had to sacrifice Caps Lock for Alt_L in X. So now I have Mode Switch on
both Alt:s. I've pretty much given up on xkeycaps and just resorted to
xev and xmodmap.

--
jht