Subject: RE: Off-Topic: Goodbye to ftp.digital.com?
To: Carl Lowenstein <cdl@mpl.ucsd.edu>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/14/2002 17:44:19
yeah i did the same thing. However, i have had less than 100% luck in getting
things from gatekeeper over the past couple years which were allegedly
still there. ymmv. i had posted about it claiming 200 gigs of space shortly
after i had brought down the index file too... the readme says 80 gigs, just
as the readme from ftp.digital.com claimed 20 gigs but wget only wgot (:-))
6 gigs and change.. if as it seems gatekeeper ends up being gigantic,
i will tryto selectively download stuff and maybe we can coordinate to all
download a piece of it and together preserve the whole. as i mentioned, some
stuff like the freebsd mirror isnt necessary. i also have no regrets about
losing any windows-related stuff into the bit bucket.
Isildur