Subject: Re: README: UPDATE YOUR COMPILER BEFORE YOUR NEXT BUILD
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/04/2002 18:32:39
Well, could it that my userland is too old to bootstrap from? The userland
code and is pretty darned old (February 2001)?

I didn't see a requirement anywhere that said "you can't bootstrap older
userlands".

I'll try it again, but logged in as root- that might do the trick also as
everyone but me always seems to build as root which has one set of environment
variables.