Subject: Re: TC ethernet issue
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@uranium.vaxpower.org>
From: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/19/2002 11:59:28
On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 11:42:05AM -0400, Lord Isildur wrote:
=> last time was that it shouldnt happen.. Do i just have a big pile of
=> ethernet cards all of which are hosed, or is there some problem
=> supporting extra lance's that are directly on the turbochannel as
=> opposed to hung off of the ioasic?

I doubt that all your PMAD-AA's are hosed, because I've never seen
anyone, anywhere, report this to work under NetBSD.  (Mine doesn't
work---in the same "register did not settle" fashion---but the card
passes all the PROM tests, so I don't think it's hosed, either.)

I seem to recall that all the "this should work" people also append
something to the effect of "but my {PMAD-AA,alpha} is packed away
right now, so I can't verify it... ;-)

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu