Subject: Re: X on PCI machines
To: Reinoud Zandijk <reinoud@netbsd.org>
From: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/15/2002 17:44:33
Reinoud Zandijk wrote:

>in followup to the TGA thread i'm having difficulty with getting X to
>work/compile on my PCI based DEC PWS 500au machine....
>
>XF3 will compile but it wont start XalphaNetBSD for its prolly for TC's
>only ... or is that TGA a PCI one ? or what ... i am a bit puzzled by this
>TGA thingy...

TGA cards are PCI and come in approximately 4 variants
{8bit,32bit}{TGA,TGA2}.  The XalphaNetBSD server supports
these cards and requires no configuration.

The XalphaNetBSD server is an offshoot of the MIT X server,
and not of XF86.

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==