Subject: Re: Weird behavior in -current
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/13/2002 02:46:32
In message <20020413074422.E694F53E73@thoreau.thistledown.com.au>, Simon Burge
writes:
>My -current play-alpha has an fxp, and recently (the last few months)
>it's started playing up when it gets to the "ifconfig fxp0" bit.  Using
>an known old working kernel didn't help.  The only way I know of to
>ensure a successful boot is to make sure I type "init" at SRM before
>booting each time.

Interesting!  Maybe I should try that.

Hmm.

Have you replaced your bootstrap recently?  It occurs to me that I started
having this problem on a "new" system - which is to say, one on which I
recently reinstalled.  With a new bootstrap.  It was using the 1.4 bootstrap
loader for a long time... now it's 1.5W.

-s