Subject: Re: 4D10T
To: Ray Phillips <r.phillips@jkmrc.uq.edu.au>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/16/2002 01:17:06
Ray Phillips wrote:

>Dear NetBSD/alpha:
>
>Is the Powerstorm 4D10T video card supported by version 1.5.2's X
>server, or perhaps in -current?

So, it looks like the PowerStorm 4D10T is based on the 3DLabs
Permedia 2 chipset.  DEC only supported this card under NT from
what I can gather.  The X server that ships with 1.5.x only under
stands TGA-based video cards (ZLXp-E?, PowerStorm 3d30 and 4d20),
but some people---who I ask to speak up at this point---have
successfully run XFree86 which appears to support the 3DLabs Permedia
2 cards.  That would probably be your best bet, although the 4D10T
may be subtly different, i.e. have a different RAMDAC or clockchip
or whatnot, and the 3DLabs driver in XF86 may or may not work well
on a non-peecee.

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==