Subject: re: GCC 2.95.3 on NetBSD 1.5.2
To: Jochen Kmietsch <jochen.kmietsch@tu-clausthal.de>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/14/2002 00:11:39
   Hello!
   Trying to get the above working.  Looks to me like patch-bt and patch-bs
   are not working.  They set the xm-file to xm-target64.h which is missing.
   If I manually edit the configure and set the xm-file to alpha/xm-netbsd.h
   (edit end copy the appropriate files from the xm-openbsd.h ones), things
   get going again.  I will see how far I get.  After my adventure with the
   broken newfs of last years snapshot I'd rather like to update my running
   system instead of installing a new one.

gcc 2.95.3 in the NetBSD-current tree should work for you.  check out
a copy of gnusrc and use the compiler built by:

	% ..../gnu/dist/toolchain/configure [your options here]
	% make all-gcc
	% make install-gcc

.mrg.