Subject: X and AS1200/Digirtal 5300 and misc questions
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: None <hypogov@dcrypt.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/13/2002 09:33:40
Hi there and thanks for taking the time to read this post:

I've got several questions, so I'll just list them.

1) I'm running the Wasabi distro of NetBSD 1.5.2 on an AlphaServer 1200
and I get the frame buffer error described in some previous posts.  I've
heard several different answers for a few people, so what would be
recommended?  I plan on upgrading to the whatever version is current,
but does that include the patch or new source for X?  If not, what is
the directory containing the correct X source that I need?

2) I get the probe(siop2:0:0) command timeout described in a previous
post as well.  Is there no workaround for this or something I can
configure?  I'm just trying to skirt buying another card.
If not, does anyone know of cards that will work or have any for sale?

3) Is there any Dallas DS1287 clock chips that anyone is willing to sell?

4) Know of any good sources of info regarding Alphas?

Thanks in advance!