Subject: Re: Q: Blind installation on DEC 3000 m300
To: Manuel Bouyer <>
From: Christian Lavoie <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/12/2002 18:14:26
On Tuesday 12 March 2002 17:50, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Well, then I can't see what's missing.

Welcome to the club! ;)

> I have no way to see what's
> happening on the console ?

Nothing that comes to my mind. I don't have the
dec3000-m300-serial-port-to-i386-serial-port wire to emulate a serial console
(nor do I have the said console) and I don't have that mysterious
experimental framebuffer-supporting kernel for my machines.

> To log in you can try a '/usr/bin/sshd' in /etc/rc.local

Not much, from what I can see. nmap'ing still shows nothing on the ports.
ssh'ing from one of the linux boxen gives me:

ssh: connect to address port 22: Connection refused

Like it gave me yesterday =(

Then again, it's not configured, so I don't expect it to have the primes and
server key and all of that that it needs, now do I?

"A friend of mine used to say that talking to me as like an out-of-body
experience: everything's normal then something, some detail, makes you feel
like you've left reality behind."
        -- Christian Lavoie

Christian Lavoie,