Subject: Re: Q: Blind installation on DEC 3000 m300
To: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
From: None <jochen.kmietsch@tu-clausthal.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/07/2002 10:50:01
Hello!

On 07-Mar-2002 Aaron J. Grier wrote concerning Re: Q: Blind installation on
DEC 3000 m300:

>> Hmmm... A null modem cable? I don't have anything that remotely looks
>> like that around. Can I build one? DEC 3000 m300 serial port to Intel
>> i386 serial port. Where can I find docs about the pinouts?

> I think the 3000/300 has the DEC MMJ (modular) serial jack.  (someone
> please correct me if I'm wrong.)  you can solder up a cable from a phone

Nope, at least mine has a standard DB25 port.
Wiring for a null modem cable at
http://www.hardwarebook.net/adapter/serial/nullmodem.html (adapter) or
http://www.hardwarebook.net/cable/serial/nullmodem25to25.html (25-25) or
http://www.hardwarebook.net/cable/serial/nullmodem9to25.html (9-25)

Jochen
--=20
"Due to technical difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel
                has been turned off until further notice."