Subject: Re: Q: Blind installation on DEC 3000 m300
To: Aaron J. Grier <>
From: None <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/07/2002 10:50:01

On 07-Mar-2002 Aaron J. Grier wrote concerning Re: Q: Blind installation on
DEC 3000 m300:

>> Hmmm... A null modem cable? I don't have anything that remotely looks
>> like that around. Can I build one? DEC 3000 m300 serial port to Intel
>> i386 serial port. Where can I find docs about the pinouts?

> I think the 3000/300 has the DEC MMJ (modular) serial jack.  (someone
> please correct me if I'm wrong.)  you can solder up a cable from a phone

Nope, at least mine has a standard DB25 port.
Wiring for a null modem cable at (adapter) or (25-25) or (9-25)

"Due to technical difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel
                has been turned off until further notice."