Subject: Re: implementation: NetBSD on AS1200s
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen M Jones <smj@cirr.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/06/2002 13:28:30
> On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Stephen M Jones wrote:
> > Concerning the breaking to SRM, I would rather here from folks with
> > experience and not folks speculating.  Thanks :)
>
> 	What is running on the machine that reports process table full?

Unfortunately I've never been able to find out.  Though I'm positive that
its a cronjob getting upset that it can't access a file on an NFS'ed
system.  Most likely that process is getting hung and with cron running
jobs for a while before I wake up could leave a bunch of processes running
(though that would have to be at least 8192 processes running!).

Simply put, that is probably my fault for not having a check in place to
be sure that nfs is okay before running the job.

Thank you. :)