Subject: -current port-alpha and ipnat?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org, current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/03/2002 08:02:21
Hi there,
I just made a new kernel, my userland is from Jan 30th. When I
rebooted, I found that my ipnat setup wasn't working:

alpha# sysctl net.inet.ip.forwarding
net.inet.ip.forwarding = 1
alpha#
alpha# ipnat -l
List of active MAP/Redirect filters:
unknown value for in_redir: 0
   0.0.0.0/0  -> 0.0.0.0/0

List of active sessions:
kmemcpy:read: Bad address
alpha# uname -a
NetBSD alpha 1.5ZA NetBSD 1.5ZA (prez) #0: Sat Mar  2 19:11:55 EST
2002     root
@alpha:/usr/src/sys/arch/alpha/compile/prez alpha
alpha#

Before making this kernel, I deleted the entire /usr/src directory
and did a cvs checkout. Unfortunately, I also accidentally deleted my
working and backup copies of my kernel config file, so I re-commented
everything unnecessary from scratch, but I don't think that I removed
anything related. I didn't touch the bottom stuff. OK, I just
verified that it wasn't my config file by making a GENERIC+NetAtalk
kernel. Is there a known issue, or is anything userland related that
needs updating? (I'm using a dial-up ppp currently).

Once my cvs update's done, I'll reboot with my backup kernel in order
to send this ;-).

As usual, unless I hear something specific, I'll just wait a few days
& make another kernel to see if it's better.

Thanks
Mike
--
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.