Subject: Re: RAM and drive for Multia?
To: None <gnuorder@tampabay.rr.com>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/27/2002 13:22:16
[ On Wednesday, February 27, 2002 at 11:10:28 (-0500), GNUOrder wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: RAM and drive for Multia?
>
> Yes, the Multia  needs True Parity, much PC ram fakes the parity, but I'm not
> sure about EDO.  I know FPM works.  Also there is a bracket for a 3.5" drive
> that fits in the PCI card area.  Also it wont boot unless the battery is
> fresh.  I have a question about them though.  Does anyone know if there is a
> backup image of the BIOS on board incase of a bad flash?

no, but you can re-flash them by changing a jumper under the floppy and
booting them from a specially created FailSafe Loader diskette....  See
the hardware users manual for more details -- I think the floppy image is
still available by FTP.... hmmm, yes, it should be here in the same
directory as this readme describing the recovery procedure:

	http://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/DEC/Alpha/firmware/readmes/archive/multia/readme.txt

--
								Greg A. Woods