Subject: RE: multia + arc not working?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Little Buddah <mjasner@snowhite.cis.temple.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/22/2002 13:17:04
> 	Well, SRM doesn't see IDE drives, so you'll have to boot from a
> floppy first, or a SCSI drive.

I don't have the scsi card :( Anyone have one they are willing to part
with cheaply? I know they sell em online but it's a little pricey for me
right now...

I have a pcmcia scsi card that i KNOW is supported by linux and bsd
(adaptec 1460). Can I used that? If not then a floppy isn't a big deal...

> 	I have a copy of the latest firmware here...
> http://pages.cthome.net/squeege/multiainfo/index2.html

Firmware.zip and the arc setup files aren't there. The links look broken.

> > Ah well, if it ain't broke....
> >
> 	Hot-rod it! :-)

Well i'm actually thinking of being adventurous and constructing a copper
pipe + water cooling system. I figure with a little 1/4 inch compressable
copper pipe, a small pump, and some water I can make a nice zig-zag tube
through the case, between the heatsink fins, and back out... I can jacket
the pipe to keep condensation from forming maybe... That might help a lot
with the heat. Since i didn't pay for the multia i'm not sure i'd be
HORRIBLY upset if something awful happened to. It might be worth screwing
around with.

Anyway, thanks for the help so far everyone.

Should i spent time trying to get arc to work or just go with the floppy
boot?

Marc