Subject: Re: Setting Console on 3000/300 to serial without video or
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/15/2002 01:24:54
> However, I've been running Macintoshes for years, and they require a
> monitor to be present.  So for headless servers, generally there are
> two suggestions.

I'm not quite sure what this is doing on port-alpha, but shrug....

> The other method is to use a paper clip to short pins in the port to
> make it "sense" that there is a monitor.  Unfortunately, I don't
> remember offhand which pins required shorting.

Well, I have a IIci which I've used this method on, and I just now
looked - it's got pin 4 shorted to pin 11, none of the other pins
connected at all.  (It has a DB15 monitor connector.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign