Subject: Re: Unsuccessful chip replacement attempt
To: NetBSD/alpha Discussion List <>
From: None <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/08/2002 22:17:06
On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 05:51:57PM -0700, Herb Peyerl wrote:
> licensed and highly trained professionals wouldn't go near a Dremel
> Tool.

Licensed and highly trained professionals have access to the proper
equipment. The rest of us have duct tape, electrical tape, coat hangers,
chewing gum, bailing wire, and (yes) a Dremel Tool.

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to fix a ZIF socket that
I accidentally broke the lever on. Plastic. I should have known I'd
have trouble with a machine I picked up on the side of the road right
down from the Jack Daniels grocery store.
Kevin P. Neal

"It sounded pretty good, but it's hard to tell how it will work out
in practice." -- Dennis Ritchie, ~1977, "Summary of a DEC 32-bit machine"