Subject: Re: Direct syscall in asm
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: R.o.s.s H.a.r.v.e.y <ross@ghs.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/29/2002 16:50:20
> From: "B. James Phillippe" <bryan-nospam@darkforest.org>

> [ learning alpha assembly code ]

We probably should not use this list to discuss programming education
issues.

Although many of us would be willing to help, it's not completely
fair to the list subscribers who just want info on basic and critical
issues regarding running the port.

But the letter does bring up the interesting problem of running
standalone assembly, so I'm mailing BJP two programs privately.
One is truly standalone, and was a lot harder to write than I
expected. The other just substitutes for a C main() and was trivial.
I'll probably put these in the port-alpha FAQ.

If anyone else wants to see them right now or thinks they are
appropriate for the list, send me mail. Otherwise, volunteers to
help BJP should send private mail.

	r.o.s.s