Subject: Re: Apache 2.0.28 + PHP 4.1.1 + MySQL 3.23.47
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Randy Arabie <rrarabie@arabie.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/29/2002 09:34:08
On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Jochen Kunz wrote:

> 1. This problem is not speciffic to NetBSD/alpha, it is a Apache / php
> problem. So you should ask the Apache and/or php folks.
> 2. I don't know about apache 2.x, but with 1.3.x and php 4.0.x I had to
> specify the path to apxs to the php configure script manualy.

I fixed the path to apxs in the ap-php4 Makefile, which got me a little further.

Now it falls over as follows:

<SNIP>

Configuring SAPI modules
checking for AOLserver support... no
checking for Apache module support via DSO through APXS...

Sorry, I was not able to successfully run APXS.  Possible reasons:

1.  Perl is not installed;
2.  Apache was not compiled with DSO support (--enable-module=so);
3.  'apxs' is not in your path.  Try to use --with-apxs=/path/to/apxs
The output of /usr/pkg/bin/apxs follows
cannot open /usr/pkg/build/config_vars.mk: No such file or directory at /usr/pkg/bin/apxs line 246.
configure: error: Aborting
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

</SNIP>

Can someone tell me what the config_vars.mk file is?

I don't have a /usr/pkg/build directory, and can't find a config_vars.mk file
in either my /usr/pkg or /usr/pkgsrc directory trees.

--

Cheers!

Randy