Subject: Re: Apache 2.0.28 + PHP 4.1.1 + MySQL 3.23.47
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Randy Arabie <rrarabie@arabie.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/28/2002 16:21:34
On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Jochen Kunz wrote:

> 1. This problem is not speciffic to NetBSD/alpha, it is a Apache / php
> problem. So you should ask the Apache and/or php folks.
> 2. I don't know about apache 2.x, but with 1.3.x and php 4.0.x I had to
> specify the path to apxs to the php configure script manualy.

Thanks Jochen.  The apxs was an error, but I checked my path and it was
in my shell's environment.  When the build of ap-php4 falls over the
error message specifies three potential problems, (1) no perl,
(2) apxs not in my path, and (3) Apache no built with DSO.

Perhaps the installation was not inheriting the path to apxs from my
environment.   I'll try I need to changing the configure script.

--

Cheers!

Randy