Subject: Detecting amount of RAM in a 3000/300
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/23/2002 11:12:11
On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Paul Mather wrote:

=> However, Riccardo's is at least the second piece of anecdotal evidence
=> I've heard that 16 MB SIMMs actually appear to work in the 3000/300 that
=> I'm inclined to give it a try.  (It would let me go from 64 to 128 MB
=> RAM in one of our 3000/300s...)

On second thoughts, unless I missed something, SRM detected 192 MB in
Riccardo's machine, yet NetBSD reported only 160 MB, indicating it
detected the 16 MB SIMMs as 8 MB SIMMs... :-(

(Is this a "feature" of the memory probing on the 3000/300
NetBSD/alpha, i.e., if it doesn't detect 32 MB it assumes it must be 8
MB?)

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu