Subject: off topic from port-alpha: NetBSD 1.5.3_ALPHA
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: fddi <fddi@durlindana.homeunix.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/19/2002 22:02:11
I built a new kernel taking the source from
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-release-1-5

is 1.5.3_ALPHA a -CURRENT release? is it a 1.5.2 bug fix release, is it a
stable release?

what is the best way to keep up to date with a stable NetBSD release but
at the same time being able to get the latest patches for security etc...?
I am used to FreeBSD STABLE style in which you can get always an up to
date and stable and bugfree source code to replace the default RELEASE
distribution. IS there any way to do so with NetBSD too?

thanks

Rick