Subject: RE: multia install (1.5.2ZA)
To: Chris K. Wensel <chris@wensel.net>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/19/2002 19:32:48
Hi !

On Sat, 19 Jan 2002, Chris K. Wensel wrote:
> the internal drive is a maxtor 7345sr.

This could be the reason. The toshiba seems to be a bit difficult, as external
drives also don't make trouble with the siop-driver. Maybe speed negotiation
makes trouble here.

> but i did replace the burned out chip on the bottom of the board before the
> install.

I did on all 3 Multias i have here. RS Components has the chips for nice
prices and also exists in Germany. I purchased 10 pieces for about $1.20 each
or so.

...Michael

--
http://www.bsdfans.org/    Home network powered by: NetBSD OpenBSD FreeBSD IRIX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX