Subject: Re: multia install (1.5.2ZA)
To: Dave <davel@canuck.com>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/18/2002 23:45:24
Hi !

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Dave wrote:
> > This is the serial port problem i mentioned several days ago. It is an IRQ
> > problem. I'm currently searching for the real reason of those stray IRQs, and
> > so mhy serial ports and PCMCIA are unusable. You should use a monitor and
> > keyboard currently.
>
> Actually I am using a keybaord and a monitor.  Also, I just got subscribed
> to this list, so I guess I should go thru the archives ...

Keyboard/monitor works fine. You may want to check the mails of the last
several days, as i also had lots of trouble. Now my Multia works, even with the
internal SCSI disk. Would have been much more complicated if i didn't have this
AlphaStation 200 handy to build a kernel :)

More to follow. As soon as my Multia is really usable as firewall, i'll post
results of the patches/hacks/workarounds

...Michael

--
http://www.bsdfans.org/    Home network powered by: NetBSD OpenBSD FreeBSD IRIX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX