Subject: Re: always DEC 3000/300
To: None <Riccardo.Veraldi@fi.infn.it>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/17/2002 22:54:00
Hi !

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002 Riccardo.Veraldi@fi.infn.it wrote:
> thanks all for the usefull hints about switching to serial console...
> now a more basic question... how to open the chassis??
> I Tryed but I Was so lame I could not be succesfull.

At the rear, you see 2 screws at the top, a bit hidden in the upper part of
the enclosure. Unscrew these ans "just lift" the upper part. My 3000/300 is
extremely firmly closed, i need a bit force to do this. You can use your
fingers to pull up the edges while pressing your thumbs against those 2 rubber
pins at the rear, but this maybe not enough. So use a bit force to pop against
the rear edges of the upper part (at the bottom of the chassis). If you managed
the upper part to move, just flip it over the front of the machine.

Reassembling: keep care of the hooks at the front of the chassis, the upper
part must seat there before you flip it downwards to close it.

What? You didn't open it before powering it up? *eg*

...Michael

--
http://www.bsdfans.org/    Home network powered by: NetBSD OpenBSD FreeBSD IRIX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX