Subject: Re: Multia hard disk problem
To: None <michael@unixiron.org>
From: Werner Backes <werner@bit-1.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/16/2002 17:02:07
> The problem is different. Serial console (SRM... NetBSD just doesn't
> work with ARC) works... as long as i am in the PROM. But in late init
> process, suddenly the serial port seems to be shut down :)

It's the same here. I also get some  "stray isa irq 4" messages.
I think I'll try this patch next week. I have a strong feeling this
will help.

> There are lots of mystic things in 1.5.2 on Multia i think.

I think that's true. netboot also never worked for me. I read
everything about it what I could find and spend a lot of time
trying various things but I couldn't get netboot to load the kernel.
I'll get a second multia during the next days and will verify this
before telling more about this problem.

Werner