Subject: Re: Booting Alpha AXP 150 - slight progress..
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Hans=2DJ=FCrgen?= Bergmann <hbergman@acm.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/10/2002 11:31:28
I do not know about the "jensen-sable-lynx" kernel, but I have been playing with
the jensen about 9 or 10 month ago (had a multia for compiles). The problem
there was that the ahb driver did not recognize that the adaptec hardware caused
the interrupt so it just exited without doing anything. I never did dive into
the code since I had no hardware docs for the adaptec. The code in the driver
was similiar to the Linux driver though, so I thought it might have to do with
the EISA bus initialization but this is just a wild guess.
I do not have access to my Jensen any more since it is in storage in Germany and
I´m in the US now but maybe that helps .

Here is a spipped of the current code:

/*
 * Catch an interrupt from the adaptor
 */
int
ahbintr(arg)
        void *arg;
{
        struct ahb_softc *sc = arg;
        bus_space_tag_t iot = sc->sc_iot;
        bus_space_handle_t ioh = sc->sc_ioh;
        struct ahb_ecb *ecb;
        u_char ahbstat;
        u_int32_t mboxval;

#ifdef  AHBDEBUG
        printf("%s: ahbintr ", sc->sc_dev.dv_xname);
#endif /* AHBDEBUG */

        if ((bus_space_read_1(iot, ioh, G2STAT) & G2STAT_INT_PEND) == 0)
                return 0;

/* !!!! as I remember from memory, the driver always returns in the above line
while booting ! */

        for (;;) {
                /*
                 * First get all the information and then
                 * acknowlege the interrupt
                 */
                ahbstat = bus_space_read_1(iot, ioh, G2INTST);

Hans-Jürgen