Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.5.2 on DEC 3000/300 success/Questions
To: Jochen Kmietsch <jochen.kmietsch@tu-clausthal.de>
From: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/08/2002 10:58:31
On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, Jochen Kmietsch wrote:

=> Is there any chance I can get a new GCC running on that system?  I am
=> trying to compile a C++ programm which the egcs-2.91.66 can not compile.
=> But, the gcc 2.95.3 from the pkgsrc will not compile, either :(

The gcc in -current, built with the new toolchain, is 2.95.3.  I have
successfully built a recent -current on two different DEC 3000/300s now.

(I have also had X running on my home 3000/300 built from the X sources
and using a TCWSCONS-derived kernel for longer than I can remember now.)

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa