Subject: Re: Floating Point broken on Alpha 21066?
To: None <werner@bit-1.de>
From: R.o.s.s H.a.r.v.e.y <ross@ghs.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/03/2002 15:49:27
That pretty much settles it. Something in your system is broken,
and it's probably the cpu chip itself.

Now, I really shouldn't say this, but it does look like your
particular individual failure might actually have a possible SW
workaround, especially with a -current kernel. The -current NetBSD
kernel has an almost complete software IEEE FP interpreter built into
it. (We don't decode instructions that supposedly can't trap, that's the
"almost".)