Subject: kernel panics and the buggy 'de' driver.
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen M Jones <smj@cirr.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/29/2001 17:18:35
Just out of curiousity, would the two types of kernel panics I've
experienced be related to the 'de' ethernet driver?

I've had two panics related to:

/netbsd: panic: vref used where vget required, vp 0xfffffc004eccab20

And a hang from:

/netbsd: nfsd: send error 55

Both are filesystem related, with the prior one possibly dealing with
softdeps (however, does 1.5.2 even handle that?)

So far I've only been using tlp for about 2 hours, 47 minutes and
have had any problems yet (its probably too early to tell)

I'm really curious if I'm the only one experiencing problems like this..
or many I'm the only one actually running a load on a machine? ;-)

11:16PM  up  2:47, 84 users, load averages: 3.55, 3.02, 2.33