Subject: Re: Who is booting Alpha AXP 150 (aka Jensen)
To: Duane Eddingfield <deddingf@wecs.bc.ca>
From: Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/27/2001 17:49:24
On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 08:45:59AM -0800, Duane Eddingfield wrote:
> OK back on topic here..
>
> I've got NetBSD 1.5.2 running on the Alphastation now so I can
> make a bootable CD from the jensen-sable-lynx as suggested.
>
> Has anyone done this? I should know by the weekend what the
> results are. The thing that has me interested is the NetBSD detects
> the DE425 NIC that I have. Linux refuses to acknowlege that the
> card is present. I do have Tru64 5.0 but its installer (Tcl I think)
> can't deal with the Qvision VGA card, although it appears otherwise
> that it would work just fine but it probably going to be sluggy in

The Qvision should work with T64. But the EISA-only boxes have been
dropped from the supported options list if I'm not mistaken. I only don't
know when, ie. if T64 5.0 still supports them or not.

Did you run the ECU config floppy? T64 hates a not-correct EISA config
NVRAM.

> 96 MB of RAM, Linux sure is.
>
> Also Tru64 has no future on the Alpha and NetBSD certainly does.

Jensen has no future ;-)

W/