Subject: Re: Who is booting Alpha AXP 150 (aka Jensen)
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Duane Eddingfield <deddingf@wecs.bc.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/27/2001 08:45:59
OK back on topic here..

I've got NetBSD 1.5.2 running on the Alphastation now so I can
make a bootable CD from the jensen-sable-lynx as suggested.

Has anyone done this? I should know by the weekend what the
results are. The thing that has me interested is the NetBSD detects
the DE425 NIC that I have. Linux refuses to acknowlege that the
card is present. I do have Tru64 5.0 but its installer (Tcl I think)
can't deal with the Qvision VGA card, although it appears otherwise
that it would work just fine but it probably going to be sluggy in
96 MB of RAM, Linux sure is.

Also Tru64 has no future on the Alpha and NetBSD certainly does.

In the end I would like to put one of these Jensens to work as an
ADSL firewall/router.

After having a read thru 'GENERIC' it occurs to me that possible there
is a conflict with some of the other stuff in there. Does that make sense?

Anyway, I'll let you know what the result is, and if anyone has any
suggestions or patches etc, let me know.

Cheers,

</Duane>