Subject: Re: Miata GL 500au + Powerstorm 3D30
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@dingo.ping.net.au>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/24/2001 00:23:05
Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:

>It now works after I've inserted the card into a 64bit slot. I usually
>plug graphic cards into slot closest to the processor.

Excellent.  You can actually use one of these cards as a second
graphics card in one of the 32bit slots---but the SRM needs the
console to be in a 64bit slot.

>Do you have a table that shows switch settings for the different
>resolutions? My monitor didn't synchronize at the default setting
>but seems fine on setting number 5 (1024x768 72Hz).

Well, the easiest form of docs is:

src/sys/dev/ic/decmonitors.c.

I should probably make a table.

Be warned though that the PowerStorm 3d30 doesn't work at 1600x1200,
I don't think.  I think that this is a h/w limit.

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==
 == Ponte, Inc.                                    http://www.ponte.com/  ==