Subject: Re: OT: a dumb alpha question
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Linc Fessenden <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/14/2001 12:39:58
> > Dave McGuire using KDE?  Say it isn't so!
>
>   Huh?  Why?

Reminds me too much of M$...

> > Dave, fvwm stinks too :-)
>
>   Perhaps you're mistaken...fvwm is cool. :)

Nope..  :-)  If you *really* want cool, ya gotta stick with TWM!

>   I don't care about lightweight...I'm one who puts a sufficient
> amount of *power* on the desktop.  Xfce was unstable under IRIX; I
> might try it again under NetBSD/alpha.  Windowmaker (I assume that's
> what you meant above) is neat but it gives me unpleasant flashbacks to
> NeXTSTEP...which I liked, until I had to port software to it. :-|
>
>     -Dave

I love XFCE..  It has some body to it and runs well to boot.  Never tried
it on IRIX though - probably cause I don't have an SGI :-)  I did mean
windowmaker, you're right.  Right now I normally use Blackbox myself just
because it's easy to tinker with and gives me multiple virtual
desktops.  Then again, I don't have enough power in any of my systems to
really enjoy gnome or kde.

-Linc Fessenden