Subject: Re: OT: a dumb alpha question
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/13/2001 23:49:41
On 2001.12.13 23:23 Dave McGuire wrote:

>   Yeah...after about ten hours of fixing Gnome portability issues
> under IRIX, I gave up and deleted the source trees in total
> frustration.
Hmpf. I compiled GNOME on a PWS500au under Tru64. I know what you are
talking about...

>   It makes me wonder if these folks actually *try* to write
> nonportable code.
This code is portable. Highly portable. From Deppian* to RatHat to Suzie
to Mandreck** to TurboLinsux to ...

When will you realise that Linux is the one and only UNIX? ***

>   All I want is a decent desktop environment.  I like KDE a *lot*.
> I'd even give up my beloved SGI R10K box
Give it to me! ;-)

> and switch to a different desktop platform
Ahh? This SGI stuff is IMHO a very nice desktop environment.

*   "Depp" is the German word for fool.
**  "dreck" is the German word for dirt.
*** Yes, I don't like Linux, or better: I don't like to see what
windozze wannabes made with it.