Subject: Re: Miata 500a and NetBSD
To: RJ45 <rj45@slacknet.com>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/12/2001 15:09:47
RJ45 wrote:

>I actually have FreeBSD but I have a big problem with PPP which crashes
>when I use it in nat mode. I have a DSL connection so I must use ppp in
>nat mode if I want my internal hidden LAN to go outside.
>So I Decided to try with NetBSD to see if I have better luck.
>Anyone kindly might give me an experience of NetBSD on Miata if it works
>ok, if there are some major problems or big bugs??

I've been using a miata on and off for a while to do PPP and NAT
talking to a USR Courrier, a USR Sportster, and an Eficient aDSL
modem running PPPoE (using mouse-pppoe, which uses the same PPP as
the normal serial variety.)  I haven't had any problems related to
either NAT or PPP with this machine.

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==