Subject: Miata 500a and NetBSD
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: RJ45 <rj45@slacknet.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/12/2001 01:07:26
Hello,
I am a long time user NetBSD/vax but I am newbie to NetBSD/alpha, I Also
committed a packages which I did myself developing it on VAX, but as I
said I am newbie NetBSD/alpha user.
I have a DPW 500a.
I actually have FreeBSD but I have a big problem with PPP which crashes
when I use it in nat mode. I have a DSL connection so I must use ppp in
nat mode if I want my internal hidden LAN to go outside.
So I Decided to try with NetBSD to see if I have better luck.
Anyone kindly might give me an experience of NetBSD on Miata if it works
ok, if there are some major problems or big bugs??
I read of the problem of 64bit PCI slots, but if I use a PCI 32 bit card
inside the PCI 64 slot it should work anyway?
There are any problems using IDE disks ? (My miata has a 1 scsi and 1 IDE
disk)

thanks a lot really

Rick