Subject: Re: X question: supported video cards
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/11/2001 19:25:43
Dave McGuire wrote:

>  Hi folks.  I've just resubscribed after being away for a while;
>I'm sorry if this is a FAQ.

Well, turns out that the Alpha FAQ was a little out of date on this
issue, so I've updated it to list at least all of the cards that
I've seen run on one of my machines.

If I got any of the details wrong, could someone send me a note so
that I can update it?  Thanks.

>  I'm running NetBSD/alpha on a number of systems, but I've never run it
>as a workstation with X.  Does it support anything other than that
>funky DEC PCI video card?  If so, what PCI video card would you
>suggest for frequent workstation use under NetBSD/alpha?

I am not sure about the state of XF86 support on NetBSD/alpha, but I
think that I remember that it works?

I only actually own the funky DEC PCI video cards.  :-)

>  And for that matter...is there a consensus on a favorite sound card
>as well?

I'm running an aria(4), but that is a throwback to another time.  Not
sure what to recommend.

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==