Subject: Re: XalphaNetBSD dual head
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/06/2001 12:48:54
Jochen Kunz wrote:

>On 2001.12.06 08:22 R. C. Dowdeswell wrote:
>
>> And I enabled the zaphod code so that you can use the Xserver in
>> the old fashioned dual head mode (a la Sun).
>Will this work with two PMAGB-B in a DEC3000-600???
>That would be great!

Well, I `think' so, but I do not have a TC Alpha so I can't be sure.  :-)

There is currently a niggle in the kernel about it wanting both
wsdisplays to have a keyboard and I worked around that in my setup
with a 3 line diff.  I'm going to look into that in the coming few
days and come up with something that solves that issue.  I'll also
send out an email about how to set it up, because it is a little
different than the XF86-style setup.

Basically what I've done on my own setup is:

 # cd /dev
 # mknod ttyF0 c 25 256
 # mknod ttyFcfg c 25 511
 # wsconscfg -f /dev/ttyFcfg 0
 # XalphaNetBSD -dev /dev/ttyE0:/dev/ttyF0

to get it going.

Now, I just need to get a second monitor so I don't have to move the
monitor cable to see the other screen.

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==