Subject: Re: SRM 4.9 for AlphaPC164?
To: Joerg Czeranski <jc@joerch.org>
From: Anders Hogrelius <ahs@hogrelius.nu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/09/2001 20:35:04
On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, Joerg Czeranski wrote:
> I've read several times that downgrading an AlphaPC164 to SRM 4.9
> and then upgrading to 5.x fixes the "ISA table corrupt" and the
> forgetting of console variables.

Please notify me too if someone can make that version of the SRM
available. I have the same problems on my box. I thought it was from
a bad CMOS backup battery, but this sounds far more reasonable.
Every time there's a power outage my server goes down and needs to
be manualy restarted, and this would solve that problem. (presumably)

--
cheers,

/Anders

I'm a soldier, not a diplomat.  I can only tell the truth.
		-- Kirk, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3198.9

* Anders Hogrelius       Phone : +46 (0)70 6770210
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail: anders@hogrelius.nu
* SE-72216 Vasteras      Web:    http://www.hogrelius.nu/~ahs/
* SWEDEN