Subject: Re: XalphaNetBSD no go -> unusable console
To: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/02/2001 23:22:09
On 71255994: seconds since the Beginning of the UNIX epoch
kpneal@pobox.com wrote:

>I've been experimenting more and I noticed that if I log in remotely
>and kill my shell then the tty is reset and I get a login prompt. In
>a similar vein, if I exec X then I get a login prompt. I guess this
>means the X server doesn't reset the keyboard settings on exit?

Okay, so when I exit X it works okay on my 32bit card.  This is
probably because there aren't any nasty colourmap issues to deal
with.  I'll dig up my 3d30 and see what I can do with it.

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==
 == Ponte, Inc.                                    http://www.ponte.com/  ==